NOW AVAILABLE: 2023 Audio insights Package
The holiday season is approaching, and if you’re looking to make a lasting impression on your target audience, audio and podcast advertising is the perfect gift for your marketing strategy. According to a recent survey, more than 80% of monthly streaming audio and podcast listeners have travel plans for the upcoming holidays, and over 87% of them will be tuning in to streaming audio or podcasts while en route.
Here are some key takeaways to consider when planning your holiday media mix:
- Ads Influence Gift Ideas: 56% of listeners rely on ads heard on podcasts to get gift ideas for themselves, friends, and family, while 57% trust ads on streaming audio services.
- Holiday-Themed Advertisements: 76% of surveyed listeners are interested in hearing holiday-themed ads in podcast episodes and streaming audio stations during the holiday season.
- Engaging with Holiday Music: Holiday ads become more engaging when they include holiday music, according to 76% of listeners.
- Voice Matters: The voice(s) in an audio ad can significantly impact purchase decisions, as 68% of listeners noted.
- Ad Duration: 55% of listeners say the duration of an audio ad affects their purchasing decision, with 48% preferring ads between 15-30 seconds and 30% preferring ads of 15 seconds or less.
- Holiday Sound Effects: Incorporating holiday-themed sound effects into audio ads can make 62% of listeners more likely to make a purchase.
- Preferred Ad Verticals: The verticals that listeners want to hear from most this holiday season include Travel/Local Amusements (54%), Health and Fitness (50%), Beauty and Products (47%), and Home Improvement (44%).
- Celebrity Voice Overs: Surprisingly, 52% of listeners claim that celebrity-voiced holiday ads have no impact on their purchase intent compared to non-celebrity ads.
- Discount Codes Desired: 76% of listeners want audio ads to contain discount codes during the holiday season.
- Listening Habits: Many listeners (59%) listen to podcasts for holiday recipe ideas, while 63% enjoy holiday-themed episodes and playlists during the season.
- Preferred Listening Devices: Most plan to listen to podcasts and music on their phones (62%), followed by computers (18%), connected cars (10%), smart speakers (6%), and connected TVs (4%).
This holiday season, give your audience what they want by leveraging the power of creative testing to ensure that your audio ads will be the gift that keeps on giving. Whether it’s perfecting the copy or music points within your ads or simply testing the voice and duration of your ads, these insights will help you connect with your target audience effectively and increase your ROI.
It’s the season of giving, and with the right audio strategy, you can make a memorable impact on your audiences.
To download the 2023 Holiday data sheet, click here.
To view the webinar release of this data, click here.
Audio: The Gift that Keeps on Giving
Why Audio Should Be Central to Your 2024 Advertising Plans
An Advertising Channel to be Thankful For
Research, Test, and Measure
the ROI of your audio assets.